Friday, July 4, 2008

It's on, BEE-YATCH!

Yesterday I got to leave early from work and decided to go pick up K early. I didn't announce that I was coming because I like to see how things are really going.

Anyway, when I arrived the other kids were outside playing and one of the girls said that K was inside and had been crying. I went inside and there was no one in the main room and as I started to go through the hallway to the playroom, the provider was coming from the playroom towards me and I overhead her say "I should smack him." She didn't know I was there until after she had said it.

Now, K is the only boy there and since he was the only boy in the playroom it stands to reason that she was talking about him.

I asked what happened and she said that he woke up crying and didn't want anything to do with her. I asked what she had tried to do to comfort/help him and she said that she told him if he wanted to cry he could stay in the playroom and cry while the other kids went outside.

Needless to say, we are LIVID! J called her and asked what happened and told her what I had heard her say. Her voice changed and got low and serious and she said that she never said that to him. Granted, she didn't say that directly to his face, but she said it none-the-less. I know what I heard and I know the tone of voice in which it was said. I don't PAY people to talk that way about my son.

Then she told J that he was just difficult and she didn't know what to do. Now, this lady has been doing daycare for 10+ years and has all these fancy credentials and training - but she doesn't know how to work with a 2 year old?! Then she started blaming K for not being the perfect well-mannered child! Um, BEE-YATCH, he's TWO! Show me a well-mannered 2 year old and I'll bend over and kiss your ass until the end of time.

I completely understand how frustrating it is when he gets in one of his moods, but even still, I don't say that to him or call him names. We also will not put up with anyone else who does.

On a side note, but still related, we were already looking for somewhere else to take him to. We found one that is more pre-school like and has a good routine that I think K needs. He is a creature of habit and does really well with that. It's the un-structured places that are not helping him. The down side is that she's on vacation for 2 weeks. Therefore our holiday weekend will be spent trying to find alternate care. I don't want to do that to K, but at the same time I don't want to take him back to the bee-yatch. We turned in our notice so technically she has to watch him for 2 weeks, but if there's anyone else we can find we'll take it.

So damn!

4 comments:

Dooneybug said...

That's terrible! Sounds like she was just trying to cover her shortcomings up by making K out to be some horrible, unmanageable child. Glad you are getting him out of there, I'd be sure to make a big stink about this situation to the director so that they know why you're leaving.

Nico said...

It definitely sounds like you should get him out of there ASAP. I'm glad you did happen to go in unannounced and hear that. No-one else should *EVER* touch your child. And leaving him alone to cry is pretty awful too.

DD said...

As you know, we have faced our own trials when it comes to daycare. No matter how "difficult" a child is, it doesn't change the fact that they ARE A CHILD! If an adult cannot keep control, then it is them that has failed, not the child.

It's no different when it comes to parenting. You either maintain control or you don't. She sucks and I'd rip her a new one along with her supervisor if I were you.

Mary said...

That was completely unprofessional on her part! I definitely wouldn't let that go unnoticed.