Friday, May 2, 2008

Time is of the Essence

It's taken me a week to write this mainly because by the time we get home, spend time with K and have 30 minutes to ourselves before collapsing in an exhausted heap in bed - well, I'm just too damn tired. It's good, though, mostly. My work days are full and busy and that is soooooo much better than the other place.

Anyway, K's mini "party" went ehhh. We invited J's parents, his sister and husband and their daughter and my mom. They were all late....let me say that again....they were ALL late. When they did finally get here (after 30 minutes) K was tired and cranky and only stayed up for maybe 30 more minutes. So that totally sucked! I don't hold ill will toward J's parents because they rode with his sister and she has serious issues with being on-time to practically any function. J's parents have also helped us out a lot and when they drive up on their own, they are always early. The others, however, suck donkey b*lls! So we opened K's presents after they left because he went down for a nap and wasn't awake when they left.

Lets see, anything else....oh, I've been on weight watchers for a week and did ok. I didn't loose anything but this is the week before the crimson beeeyatch appears so that's not at all surprising. I'm going to stick to it, though.

I think that's about it, really. Oh, we're going up to J's parents tomorrow for early cinco de mayo and J's sister is going to be there. the one who can't be on time for much, the one who puts her 15 month old daughter to bed at 10 PM (no that's not a typo), the one who lets her daughter nap "whenever" and doesn't have any kind of routine set up, the one whose daughter has to fit in around her mother's neurotic non-schedule....
I can't quite fathom how they manage with their inconsistancy. Of course, I love routine so that's probably why sister's antics seem so alien to me.

2 comments:

Dooneybug said...

What a bunch of bums! Don't you just wish you could do without extended family sometimes? I at least hope you and hubby enjoyed your time with K - and happy belated birthday to him!!!

Nico said...

I'm really glad you're enjoying your new job so much!

It sounds like CB is coming regularly, which is great!!