Sunday, April 13, 2008

Recap 1

My intentions of blogging about something at least every other day haven't fit into reality yet. Just because I changed jobs doesn't mean there aren't things to blog about. So...as I get into the swing of it I'll do recaps if I go more than 3-4 days between posts.

25 year old cheerios, salt on the birthday cake and a "naughty" card to great grandma
Stories come out from the past, usually very funny ones! I managed to be a part of that grand legacy over the week.
When J was younger he'd stay over at Grt G's farm. One morning they wanted to have cheerios. While Grt G had the grandchildren stay over a lot, it wasn't enough to finish off a box of cheerios and so they sat in the cabinet. When they had breakfast that day, well, lets just say the cheerios checked out a long time ago.

Salt on the birthday cake
My mother in law, V, is a decent cook but leave it to her own kids to give her a hard time about it. I guess it stems from the fact that she sprinkled a cake with salt instead of sugar.

Naughty card to Grt G.
This is where I come in. We usually give a somewhat religious card to Grt G for her birthday and a sarcastic card to sister in law, C, for their birthdays. Guess who, in her infinite wisdom, put the wrong addresses on the cards and sent them out...?! Yup, that'd be me! Grt G got a card with 2 cartoon people's as* cr*cks on the front and a tag line "expecting some cr*cks about your age". Thankfully, she had a sense of humor about it, but even still....I won't be living that one down any time soon!

Pictures
Remember how K had the accident at the park last week and I was hoping it'd heal before pictures yesterday? Well, it did, however I don't know why I bothered because all K did is cry and say (most emphatically for a 2 year old) "Done!" Over and over and over, "done!" inbetween tears. I did every freakin' trick I knew to elicit even a slight smile but there was no way! So we left, empty handed and me in a pretty foul mood. It seems that everyone else's kids take pictures just fine. Sure maybe they fuss for the first 10 minutes, but the parents don't leave empty handed! We go through this every time we get pictures done. It's always a big production with K. I know that he gets antsy at new places and with new people but geez! We were there early and had plenty of time to get him acclimated to the place. Anyway, I really wanted professional pictures done but that isn't going to happen. I've been coming to terms with that for the past 24 hours....and I'm still dealing with it.

Are You Copying Me????
One of the crew members were talking about bait fish. The next words out of K's mouth: "bait feeesh".
Later on, J had said "Hi, Honey". K said, "Hi Honey."
It could be a long drive in traffic now that I REALLY have to watch what I say.

That's it for now. I'm going to brush my hair and go spend time with J and K because even though K p*ssed me off a bit with the pictures, I still love him to death.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I think lots of people's kids have trouble getting professional pictures taken. Poor K.

Lainey-Paney said...

Gage wasn't super stoked about getting professional pics taken either. At Christmas, he was 2years & 3 months. for our family pics, we snuggled in behind him & tickled him the whole time.