Sunday, April 13, 2008

welcome to the potty (& counting to ten)

don't ask me how I could forget this in my recap!

Anyway, we got K a potty seat that fits on the big toilet and he's tried it out a couple times but would barely sit on it for long. We decided to get a potty seat about a week ago that sits on the floor which made it easier for him to get on and off of.

He hasn't been a big fan of it, until (hopefully) tonight. He sat on it in his diaper and we all counted to ten as he sat there. Then we took the diaper off and he sat on it and we counted again. He was probably on it for a minute or two total, but it's a lot better than before when he'd just cry!

Oh, and he actually counted to ten! Yes, 10! It was fantastic! I would've made a video of it, however he was sitting on the potty and my son's bits don't need to be broadcast.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Maybe I'll try this trick. Porgie just screams when we sit her on the potty.

Anonymous said...

Will has no desire to sit on it. Diapered or not. He looks at it, says, "Poddie, Mama, Poddie"

Em said...

Yeah think i will have a go at that trip, got to get him sat on it tho!