Wednesday, February 27, 2008

for once

i had the upper hand!

recap:
just after 9am killjoy came and told me that we'd have our exit interview at 3pm today.
at that point i realized that she fully expected me to work the entire day. and at that point i decided it was time for me to just go.

at 9:45am i went to killjoy's office and placed my time sheet and access card on her desk and told her:

me: i'm going to go ahead and call it a day

killjoy: (speechless, jaw dropped open and she got a bit bug-eyed) well, we need to do this exit interview

me: i'm not interested in participating in that. i don't have anything to add to what i put in my resignation letter (which was nothing anyway)

killjoy: (still speechless and staring at the time sheet and card)

me: yeah, i haven't done much of anything over the past few days and i can't justify just sitting there doing nothing for another whole day. plus, as of 9:15am this morning i fufilled my 2 week obligation so i'm going to go.

killjoy: ok, well good luck. (said very quietly, almost mousy-like - which is totally unlike her UNLESS she is caught by suprise)

me: sure. (then i left her office, got my coat, said some final goodbyes and left the building)
**********************
this whole time (and even throughout my entire time working under her), killjoy has always seemed to be a step ahead. she "knew" i was looking for a job, she "knew" i was doing this or that, she "knew" blah, blah blah...

well this time, she did NOT know this was coming. the look on her face of utter shock and her being practically speechless made the event that much sweeter.

so there it is. i'm done.

so what do people do at 10:40 am on a wednesday? LOL

3 comments:

Christy said...

Go get k and have fun together!

Rita said...

eat sushi, drink beer and go to a matinee movie. ;-)
~Rita

Lainey-Paney said...

YIPPY!

What a wonderful story. How fun to just finally stick it to her!
My favorite part: "Yeah, I'm not really interested in participating in that."
Love it!