Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Freakin' Sweet, part 2

ok, now that i've come down a teensy-weensy bit from my job offer high (LOL) i'm ecstatic to announce that an opportunity to work with law firm is mine. i've sent the acceptance letter back and after confirming start dates, etc, i'll be all set to stick it to killjoy and ms. high & mighty receptionist/supervisor.

there is a mandatory employee meeting this friday that i'll go to and get my 5 year stick up the ass award because maybe it will be something nice. i doubt it since last year the 5 year award was a duffle bag. yup, a d.u.f.f.l.e. b.a.g. anyway, promptly at 4 PM I will submit my resignation to killjoy. why wait until then? because if the roles were reversed they'd stick it to me on a friday right before i left and not think twice about it.

so there you go! thank you to all who've "listened" to my ranting and general pissy-ness! friday can't get here soon enough!

4 comments:

Dooneybug said...

Niiiice!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I remember quitting a job I particularly hated. It was not expected by them at all and it was a riot to watch the boss and HR run around like wild chickens after I gave my notice. I have a picture of me giving the building a quaint f-u birdie as I left for the last time.

DD said...

Excellent! I hope you really enjoy the new position as it sounds exciting.

I'm jealous of your duffel bag. I got a pen with my employer's logo on it on my 5yr Anv.

Christy said...

I am so excited! I can't wait until you start your new job. I hope you LOVE it.

Rita said...

Hooray!
I got pin on my 5 year - promptly lost it
~Rita