Friday, January 11, 2008

car - 1, me - 1

so i've managed to "win" this round versus car. techs checked it out and everything looks fine and is tight and undamaged. so apparently, i'm a nut job whose hearing things. it's ok, though. i'd rather be a nut job with a working car than completely sane with a broken one.

i do wonder if someone is trying to tell me something. last year, in january as well, there was .THIS and then there was today's event.

hmmmmm.......
do i need to include gift cards to repair shops on my christmas lists from now on? just in case...i could always use them for oil changes and other regular maintenance stuff.

anyway, i made it through without having to pay a dime. well under $100 indeed! i did decide to get the techs a gift card to major pizza place, though. that may sound like too much, but here's the thing. i've managed to find a shop that doesn't try and put one over on me because i'm a woman and i don't know jack about cars other than how to change a tire (and even that's a bit iffy). i've gone there for oil changes and misc other things like replacing belts, brakes, etc. when i had my battery replaced they had an opening at 1 PM and when i gave them my name they guy knew who i was and said they could fit me in at 11 AM. see, they know me and i know them. there's been a couple other times that they've checked things out on my car and found nothing wrong and i didn't have to pay then either.

i'm thinking about remaining anonymous about it. maybe dropping vague hints about who sent them the card and if they put it together then great; if not, no big deal either.

i figure it's time i should give something back and i honestly don't feel like i need anything for it - well, other than having nothing wrong with my car.

2 comments:

Nico said...

Whew! Very nice to know that your hopes were validated :-)

I think it's a great idea to give them the gift card. I do think you should let them know it's from you - how better to ensure you keep getting such good service!

S said...

Maybe I'll let them know. I just don't want them to think that I expect special treatment just because I sent a thank you token.