Sunday, January 6, 2008

never would've guessed

ahh, look at this pic:

we were so young, in love
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
and naive.

no, i don't think we could've anticpated that i would've pelted him with a gummy-worm that'd been taken away from a certain young boy who spend his afternoon hitting me over and over and spent numerous time outs staring at a corner. it really wasn't intentional, j just happened to be in the trajectory of said flying object and i was really frustrated at being k's preferred choice of hitting companion instead of j or anyone/anything else. plus, the whole repeating myself that "we don't hit people" is getting really old. i've tried to be creative about hitting causing boo-boos, owies, it's mean.......i don't know how else to get it across. hence the gummy worm attack.

i'm certain we wouldn't have foreseen whisking said boy out of major-chain bookstore once he started screaming AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS because he had to leave the 18 thomas the tank train cars behind, which in turn fostered a crowd of looky-loo's who felt they could pass judgement with their eyes because,of course, they could've handled it so much better. fat chance of that, i'm sure, because none of them had kids anywhere near them, which means they have no f-ing clue and would be just as frustrated as we were. and seriously, there isn't anything else we could've done but leave the place, so i think we handled it just fine thank you very much!

anyway, i digress.

our weekend wasn't terrible. we're just in the throws of a young boy who is really coming into his own and while we can figure out most of what he wants, we still have to get on the same page as far as timing. he is, indeed, a force of nature.

2 comments:

Nico said...

very cute pic of the two of you! And yes, you can totally add my new site to your list. I did want to separate the two a bit (hence the different blog accounts), but I don't think anyone who's going to be reading the new blog is savvy enough to get to the old. I may eat my words on that... which means I may also do a tiny bit of editing on the old blog.

Dooneybug said...

Oh man. I am so kicking myself in the head over all my past judgments I had made on those poor parents suffering through the toddler years. I have met my comeuppance I tell you! And with any luck, all those leering eyes that shoot daggers at us in public places will get there's too.